- Simon Stein (project VAR, PI Ingo Plag) won the Award for the Best Dissertation in the Philosophical Faculty of Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf in 2021 for his dissertation ‘The phonetics of derived words: Tracing mechanisms of speech production in the acoustic duration of English derivatives’.
- Hanno Müller (project DMC, PIs Mirjam Ernestus, Louis van ten Bosch and Ingo Plag) won the Award for Best Poster at the 12th Mental Lexicon Conference, Niagara-on-the-Lake, October 2022, for his paper ‘The family size effect in reading and hearing'.
- Tammy Ganster (project VSP, PI Sabine Arndt-Lappe) won the Award for Best Presentation by a PhD student at the 55th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, University of Bucharest), August 2022, for her paper ‘Individual differences in morphological processing and stress variability in English complex words’
- Jessica Nieder (project MALT, PI Ruben van de Vijver) won the Award for the Best Dissertation in the Philosophical Faculty of Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf in 2021 for her dissertation ‘Maltese Plurals: Phonotactics, Variation and the Structure of the Mental Lexicon’
- Sonia Ben Hedia (project VAR, PI Ingo Plag) won the Drupa-Award 2018 for her outstanding dissertation ‘Gemination and degemination in English affixation: Investigating the Interplay between Morphology, Phonology and Phonetics’
- Sonia Ben Hedia (project VAR, PI Ingo Plag) won the Nakamura Prize for the second best paper at the 22nd Annual University of Texas at Arlington Student Conference in Linguistics & TESOL, February 2015, with her paper ‘Gemination and degemination in English affixation: Lexical strata, semantics, and phonetic evidence.’
Responsible for the content: